Tuesday 8 March 2011

The two faces of spring.

We were expecting snowfall and schools to be closed but on the contrary it didn't happen. It snowed a bit around the city on the mountains and a lot on the rest of Greece causing a lot of trouble. We had a glorious sunny but freezing day. So here are some photos I took at school today.
The prune tree.
This is my favourite showing the shadows.
Some water around on the grass froze.
The blue skies.
Unfortunately I am down with something. I don't know what it is yet.But I have fever. We will see.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I didn't know that it ever snowed in Greece. And I thought your photos of the frozen grass were pictures of the ground taken from an airplane! I was very surprised when I realized the pictures were taken right under your feet!
I hope you are feeling better soon and that you get some warmer spring weather.

Unknown said...

Get well soon Ariadne! Take care, kisses!

Ariadne said...

@laruelapalooza
Thank you for your wishes. Now that I look at the ice it does look like the Earth from space!Great!It does snow in Greece but just not too often!
@bhermitte
Thank you for your wishes.

Seamaiden said...

Oh I love the images, especially the ice shots! Gorgeous!!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Hope you are well and did not get sick.

Beautiful photos. I have a friend that lives in Athens and I saw a pic of her car with an inch of snow on it!

Have a wonderful weekend. :)