Saturday 12 March 2011

A visit in the White Tower museum.

My cousin Platon,my son's Godfather, visited us for just two days attending an Archaeological Conference that took place in Thessaloniki.We spent too little time with him unfortunately.We visited the White Tower and I felt better to go out in the sunshine.
The White Tower is a museum inside. It is a round building with a big room on each of its six floors and many smaller ones.It contains the history of the city. 
The views from the small windows is gorgeous.
The exhibits include coins
and pottery.
The view from the top is breathtaking.
Some lichen on the top of the tower!
The National Theatre.
The Communication Tower.(OTE Tower)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures. Looks like you had a fun day.

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!

Dream on the wave said...

Some years ago I visisted the museum in the tower with my sons. It had a special exhibition about daily life in Byzantine life. My sons were fascinated by it. And so was I by the way. Is this exhibition still there?

Ariadne said...

@Dream on the wave This is a new exhibition(2 years old) about the History of the city from ancient times till today and on various levels,trade,art etc