Wednesday 30 November 2011

My childhood cross stitch.

I was cleaning up some cupboards and here's what I found among other things. A very old cross stitch piece that I had made in Primary School. I had learnt cross stitch from my grandma Ariadne but we had a Housekeeping Teacher at school who was teaching us how to do cross stitch,too.
My mum gave it a good washing as there were some stains on it from old time. You can even spot mistakes I had made in counting.
I am thinking of framing it. What do you think?

 Here it is with Margie's stones.

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

How wonderful to find it again Ariadne. I found my first cross stitch piece a while back and made it into a little pillow.
I think this piece is lovely and would look wonderful framed - maybe with a note on the back explaining how and when.

M Violetta said...

It's beautiful. Framing it is a great idea!

Denise said...

Definitely frame it! It's a piece
of your history. I like the design.

Marabeth said...

Preserving it and displaying it is a must! It is a piece from your beginning as an cross stitch artist. Framing it would be perfect or as Kathy said, a pillow is also a good idea.

Margie Oomen said...

it is so gorgeous
you are such a talented cross stitch artist.
thanks for sharing the beauty.

Pesky Cat Designs said...

I love the design. I would definitely frame it!