Thursday 31 May 2012

Weekend to Volos-Pelion Part E

I can't believe we are in part E of this weekend trip! Hubby says I am posting too many photos but I do take lots of them and love sharing them!
Anyway, after a good night's sleep we started our second day to Volos.
After a hearty breakfast(included in the price) we waited at the sea front for everyone to get ready!
Isn't it idylic?

I ate some red and white berries while waiting!
Our bus took us to the Ano Lehonia train station.There we took the picturesque train to Milies.

The views from the train were fantastic! Lots of green with olive trees and lots of little villages and views of the sea!
 We passed the DeKiriko bridge. He was the father of the painter. A wonderful bridge! You can enjoy a bit of our trip with the little train of Pelion in this video!


 At Ano Gatzea we did a short stop to see the view and visit the Olive oil Museum there.I would say we needed more time there.


At the Olive Oil Museum you could see how oil is produced and soap from it. It was beautiful but the time was really very little.

 We passed from bridges and tunnels.



 Oooops I am dizzy!!!!
No really it was a magical tour!


The last picture is where we arrived at the Milies village station.
The view there was as if you were in a magic forest and you would meet the fairies. I wish my camera could capture that wonderful view. How the sunrays came through the tall dark trees and in the sunrays I could see flower seed flakes dancing!I have never seen something similar before. I could only hear water running and birds singing and I thought time had stopped!
Then time started running again!
I saw an old building half demolished by the current with its balcony hanging in the air and water flowing underneath.


We then watched the turning of the train engine at the roundabout and left to reach the village.


 Some of our group had to help too. What an experience to turn a whole train engine!

No comments: