Tuesday 11 September 2012

Types of amusement

During our summer holidays we had the chance to watch a couple of movies and attend two theatrical performances.
The movies were The Descendants and The Artist. I liked the latter more.
The theatrical performances were first at Siviri amphitheatre Iakovos Kambanelis' Our Great Circus which I loved. I cried a lot remembering Nikos Xilouris on the role of the singer in the previous performance of Our Great Circus in 1974 just after the junta in Greece. I was  a little kid then but there was great commotion with that play then.


The other play was Moliere's Amphitryon which we only attended because hubby's Godson Andreas Konstantinou had a small part in it. I didn't like it that much though.

Last night we went to a concert in Kaftantzoglion stadium. The concert was devoted to the late Dimitris Mitropanos, a great Greek singer. Other Greek singers sang his songs and we were 25000 people attending it.It was a great evening.

 I had fun taking night photos in movement during the concert.



Also hubby and I have watched the two seasons of the famous Downton Abbey. We adored it and are hoping for the next season soon!
Of course we added some walks by the sunset.They are free!



No comments: