Sunday 22 December 2013

Christmas bazaars(1)

I love Christmas bazaars whatever type they are, charity or professional, handmade or second hand.
I will cover some of the ones I went to in a couple of blogposts.
So last week I went for a little while to buy some handmade items from friends who were selling at Pillbox, a professional bazaar that takes place many times a year. This time it was at Kitchen Bar.
I bought this lovely cushion for my nephew from Anna of Inmycloset/ inmyc on etsy.
 Here is Anna of inmycloset with her sister Vasso of Metodahtylostovaso blog of great sweets.
 And their amazing cushions.
And this very beautiful pendant from Erasmia of Erasmia's Handcrafted Jewels.
 Then on Wednesday I went to the bazaar that takes place every year at the Ethnological Museum of my city. This lasts 5 days, finishes on the 22nd December,that's today in the evening, and has lovely handmade things and many activities for children.
I bought a wreath (unfortunately I didn't take a card from the seller).
and they gave me this lovely ornament made out of the bottoms of soft drink cans.Great idea isn't it?
I also bought a pair of funny earrings from Da Faux Creations.
 Look how beautiful all of Kassiani's creations are.


 I also bought a fabric bracelet and hair accessory from Fani of Skeftomai kai Ravo
Fani always brings her ingenious ladder/shop.
And I also loved my friend Gioula's shop with lovely handmade brooches and wreaths.

Finally I bought a diary from the Museum shop for the new year! It is called Nero (means Water in Greek) and it is made with works of art by students who took part in a Museum project!
 I loved the detail of the little boat/bookmark.
Finally a bazaar I am unable to go to or take part due to the many theatrical performances we have. But it is a great one and many of my crafters-friends are taking part in it. It is taking place today at Rover Bar. It is one more I made it bazaar!
Have a look.
Some of my crafters-friends taking part are
Lale Soaps
Karalis Soap
Da Faux Creations
Trucs Trucs
Mammy Knows
Skeftomai kai Ravo
Erasmia's Handcrafted Creations
TriCreation
More about bazaars tomorrow.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I also love those Christmas bazaars!

Sarah in Stitches said...

I love Christmas bazaars, but none of the ones here are as interesting as yours!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures, the visit and the nice words! <3

tri said...

nice, handmade gifts..good choice!merry xmas

Valma said...

I LOVE the little prince =)
it's my favourite book
I planned to stitch him next year :)
very beautiful things you bought
love those earrings =)
have a wonderful Christmas sweetie
xxxx

eleanna said...

Everything is soooo beautiful! Great chices Ariadne, happy christmas!

Kay said...

This looks like fun. Handmade gifts are always the best. Happy Christmas.

Vasiliki said...

Ευχαριστούμε για τα καλά σου λόγια και που μας τίμησες με την παρουσία σου στο Pillbox. Καλά Χριστούγεννα και ευτυχισμένος ο καινούργιος χρόνος.