Sunday 27 January 2013

My 2012 cross stitch finishes.

I did lots of cross stitch in 2012 but only today did I manage to make a complete set of pictures of them.
So here they are in the order of completion.
A Green Fox of Skiathos Project logo pin for Frieda.
The Greek island by Michael Powell.
In a Lidl frame.
For my cousin Kalliope and her husband Sorin who are architects in Romania, gifted when we travelled there.
An alphabet sampler for Braden, my friend Marabeth's first grandchild in the States.I have the exact same sampler made for my son as a Round Robin when he was born.
A coaster I had from a magazine freebie with a lovely pattern from another cross stitch magazine freebie, sent to me from Juliana and made for Cathy in England.
A house warming gift for my best friend Gia.
In a custom made frame.
A set of flower fairies from a magazine for the two daughters of my friend Stathis as a christening gift.

Frames by IKEA.
A Scottish thistle fridge magnet sent as a kit by Juliana.
This is how far I went with my Balinese dancer. I finished all the upper left part of the head.
As you can see there is a lot to make still.
A neighbour's twins birth gift given at their christening. Custom made frame.
Travelling pattern from Kathy's Sit and Stitch blog.
 Framed in an IKEA frame.
 Seagulls sent as a kit from Marabeth framed in an IKEA frame for the beach house.
Humming bird sent as a kit from Lisa in the States.
 Cardinal sent as a kit from Marabeth.
 Flower wreath heart sent as a kit from Lisa.

 Framed in an IKEA frame decorating my bedroom.
 Mermaids, a freebie pattern by The Little Stitcher. Made twice for Dawn and Frieda and framed in IKEA frames.
 Christmas cards made from various patterns.Using left over fabric and threads.Unfortunately I did not take  photos of all.
This one went to Marabeth and I added some buttons I bought from this etsy shop buzzybee.

9 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Ariadne - you had a really productive 2012. Beautiful stitching - so hard to decide which is my favourite!

hugs, Kaye

Lisa said...

Very beautiful. i wish I did that many. I pick it up then put it down. I do small ones. Maybe one day I will try a big one. You do neat beautiful stitches.

Kerryp77 said...

What a lovely review of your stitching. You completed some beautiful and big pieces there. What an achievement! Happy stitching in 2013

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

everything looks so lovely.

the glass pendants in your previous post as well as the delicious orange pie.

Anonymous said...

the balinese dancer made me anxious...! haha!
how will you finish this? : )
beautiful stiching work!

McKenna C. said...

Your stitching is beautiful! You did a lot!

Thanks for sharing!
~McKenna

Lynn said...

Beautiful stitching! It was a very productive year for you. I love the piece you did for your friends who are architects. It's so unique!

Rita E in AZ said...

Wow, what a productive year and your stitching is so beautiful. Can you tell me any information about the alphabet sampler for Braden - such as the designer or publisher of the chart?

Kaisievic said...

How lovely to revisit these beauties, thanks for the link from your latest post. Still can't decide on a favourite! lol!