Friday 20 March 2015

Up to 2009 cross stitch finishes.

Hello everyone! Here is a blogpost that I am sharing with Madame Samm of Sew we Stitch.

I have been doing cross stitch all my life, ever since I was a kid. My Grandmother Ariadne showed me how and we had a teacher at Primary School who showed us some too. I haven't stopped stitching since then. I am a slow stitcher but I tried to make a few things over the years. As I had photos taken with an old type film camera lots of my work is on paper still that I haven't yet managed to make digital. So I started taking photos inside my home of all the framed pieces I have made over the years. So here are some of my cross stitched pieces from childhood till 2009. I am working on making another file and blogpost with the more recent ones.
Enjoy!
To my cousin Maria July 2008
 My Round Robin with the blue and white theme finished in 1996-97, Blue and White pictures 1995
White and beige crockery 1997
 When my son was born I made this sampler for him. I was making it while I was pregnant with him 1994-95
My friend Gaby from Scotland made this for my son when he was born.
 Round Robin I made for my son before he went to school 2000
 A very old sampler that we don't know how it was found in my family. Made in 1871
Round Robin Lloyd Loom Furniture I started it in 1997.When it was returned to me it was only half finished and I had to finish all of it so it took me  a long time to finish. Up till 2007.
Wedding sampler for Marabeth's son's wedding.When I started it.
 Wedding sampler for Marabeth's son's wedding.May 2009 That's how it would look when finished.
 The lighthouses May 2009
  Wedding sampler for Marabeth's son's wedding.Finished May 2009
Photos of June 2009
A Christmas card I made and a bookmark.
Vintage handmade finds from the flea market.
Vintage handmade finds from the flea market.
Vintage handmade finds from the flea market.
Vintage handmade finds from the flea market.
Vintage handmade finds from the flea market.
Vintage handmade finds from the flea market.
Vintage handmade finds from the flea market.
Vintage handmade finds from the flea market.Detail.
I made this for my Brazilian pen friend Roberto Gilson's wife.2009
I had made this all by myself when I was a kid.Counted cross stitch.
I had made this all by myself when I was a kid.Counted cross stitch.
I had made this all by myself when I was a kid.Counted cross stitch.
A cross stitched bookmark made by my friend Cathy in England.
I had made this all by myself when I was a kid.Cross stitch on printed canvas.
I had made this all by myself when I was a kid.Half cross stitch on printed canvas.

I started this a long time ago.
I had made this all by myself when I was a kid.Counted cross stitch. I always loved the Orient. The faces were finished by a friend of my mum's.

A series of cross stitch Christmas cards from freebies of Cross stitcher and other magazines. Most were sent to my pen friends.All finished in 2009.






Ribbon embroidery Christmas napkin holders.
More cross stitch Cristmas cards. Most sent to pen friends.




Cross stitch kits found by my friend Marabeth at thrift stores.
I have stitched this one with the cats for Nancy in the States.
And this one for my best friend Gia for her new house.
I really want to stitch this one as so many houses I saw in the States looked like these.

I stitched this for my son's room.2009
I made this bookmark for my son's violin teacher in 2009.
I made this kitchen jotter in 2009.

These are all thrift store finds Marabeth had sent me to stitch.
Some of my cross stitch cards finished in 2009 and sent to friends.
This one was the first freebie I stitched and I have kept it.

I know I have sent the blue birds to Marabeth!
Look at the blue birds in her garden this winter.


This was a Round Robin I had started many years ago. I dedicated it to my father who loved fish and the sea and decided to finish it my own way.I stitched the black and yellow angel fish and the yellow fish at the bottom in the middle. Photo from July 2009
I stitched these boats for this lovely lighthouse frame in July 2009.
And added some little sea scenes in this lovely frame which unfortunately has broken.
This is I think my first printed half cross stitch picture from Primary School.
A printed cross stitch picture one of my former pupils made.
The two on top are mine from my Primary School years.
These were freebies from Cross stitcher magazines and I gave them to my Primary School pupils in Platy to stitch for me. When they returned them I turned them into this frame.I had made the rose in the middle myself, probably some more, I am not sure any more.
Details.


Finished lighthouses framed. July 2009.
A runner in blue and white for the beach house. July 2009.

My printed poppies from my childhood made into a cushion.
My Japanese scene from my childhood made into a cushion.
I stitched the majority of Marabeth's cross stitch ornament thrift store finds in November 2009







I also painted the wooden frames.





Two more of Marabeth's ornaments.

An old Irish religious design stitched and sent to a friend.
Two more of Marabeth's ornaments.


A winter scene stitched and finished in time for Christmas 2009.


The Christmas stocking I made for my son.
Some more Cross stitcher Christmas card freebies put into a free stand frame.
My 1995-1996 kitchen frames


My 1995-1996 Round Robin.
Finished winter scene. Christmas 2009.

Continuing my father's sea scene. Adding background all by myself.Adapting another picture behind the fish already stitched.
One more card.Freebie from a magazine.
Winter scene framed just in time for Christmas 2009.
A birthday sampler I had made for my niece in 1994.
I am sorry some of the photos are blurry and that they are not in the right order. I have been clearing my photo files and have been trying to add all of the photos in one blogpost.

32 comments:

Decor Asylum said...

Πραγματικά γεια στα χέρια σου Αριάδνη! Η μητέρα μου κεντούσε, εγώ ποτέ δεν έμαθα την τέχνη.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, loving your new background page too.
Beautiful work-and those birds are such a lovely bright blue-I have not seen our bluebirds yet.
Happy weekend ahead

Justine said...

What a wonderful variety of cross stitched pieces you have. I like how you included pieces stitched by your friends too.

Sparky said...

I had to laugh this am, I love rule breakers lol no really I do and your collection to cross stitch are all so unique ...you have stitched so many ...I believe the crockery in beige is one of my fav...

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Ευχαριστήθηκα πολύ αυτή την πλούσια ανάρτησή σου !!!! Τι καταπληκτικές δημιουργίες !!! Μπράβο !!! Φιλιά !!!

Linda said...

Your projects are all just beautiful!!

Thearica said...

Holy Smoly! You have a feast for our eyes today! Wonderful trunk show!

Anita said...

A huge variety of beautiful stitching!

Stephanie said...

Each one is very beautiful and so unique! Incredible work, my dear. Hugs!

Linda said...

Amazing. Thank you for sharing all of your gorgeous stitching Ariadne.

Linda

Cathy said...

Beautiful stitching -- you've been busy! I enjoyed seeing it all!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Sheryl said...

Gosh, amazing work, what a lot of different designs. Wish I had photos of some of the things I made years ago and gifted.

Jane's Quilting said...

Oh, what beautiful projects. You do beautiful work. I tried counted cross stitching many times, but have too many problems with my eyes. Thank you for sharing them all with us.

nikol said...

Αριάδνη μένω έκπληκτη από τα τόσο όμορφα κεντήματα που έχεις κάνει!!
Ολα είναι με πολύ λεπτή δουλειά και πολύ όμορφα !!! Το παλιό δειγματολόγιο είναι πολύ σπάνιο και υπάρχουν φίλες που ασχολούνται με τα δειγματολόγια !!Θα τους πω να τα δούν !!! Καλό Σ/Κ

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Wow! What busy fingers you have. Lots & lots of wonderful projects. Thanks for sharing.

CathieJ said...

Wow, you have a lot of beautiful stitchery.

Judy B said...

What a wonderful display of your work! I love the Lloydloom Furniture. Your vintage finds are spectacular!!!!

Baa. xxx said...

Wow! What a wonderful display of all your fantastic work! Thank you.

Lydia said...

What lovely things!

Frances said...

Wow!! Look at all that cross stitch! I am impressed with all of your lovely things! There are so many kinds, and they are all pretty!

Unknown said...

All lovely and I guess some have a story behind...

Quilting Tangent said...

Beautiful trunk show.

Marie-Anne said...

Πω πω, πόσα πολλά κεντήματα έχεις κάνει, Αριάδνη!!!! Πολύ όμορφα όλα! Μου άρεσε ιδιαίτερα η vintage χριστουγεννιάτικη σκηνή!!!
Καλή Κυριακή!!!!!

Thalia Tzellou said...

Αριάδνη μου είναι πανέμορφα όλα!! Ξετρελάθηκα!!! Φιλάκια πολλά!!

Unknown said...

So many works - and they are all so beautiful !!
Greetings from Germany
Marion

zina said...

καταπληκτικη συλλογη! λατρευω τα κεντητα και ορισμενα ειναι ανεπαναληπτα! και τα δικα σου Αριαδνη...ταλεντο!

Χριστίνα Πεταλωτή said...

Τους χαίρομαι πολύ αυτούς που έχουν υπομονή και κεντάνε.
Καλό απόγευμα Αριάδνη!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! It's so nice that you've taken photos and have them together. What an accomplishment to have done this many my friend. You are talented and enjoy what you do. Sweet hugs, Diane

Needled Mom said...

Your work is just beautiful. I am so glad that you shared more than 3-5 pieces. You have been stitching for many years and it is nice to be able to look back at your earlier pieces.

Sherry said...

You have stitched so many projects. As I look through them I was reminded of the many pieces that I made and sent off to friends and family. It was so nice to meet you.

Ella and Nesta said...

So many marvelous projects! The fish inspired ones are my favourite. I like it that you are teaching cross stitching to your pupils, passing on the love for this technique!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, look at all these projects! Amazing. What a great post :D